Believe it or not, I am probably one of the most absent minded clumsy people in Texas. I spend just about the same amount of time fixing things as I do making them. We joke around all the time about how we can never have nice things.
A few years back as a wedding gift we got these really cool oven mitts that have an x-ray skellington hand on them. And well, a few months back miss genius decided it would be a great idea to set them on a hot stove top and burn the shit out of them.
At any rate, it’s Halloween time. I was hoping to find some to replace them. Problem is, although I love Halloween decorations, I’m pretty picky about the ones that enter into my home. Everything this year is soooo cheesy! So I tried to brainstorm a way to fix the ones I messed up…
And it hit me! There is this awesome stuff called EZ-Steam II. It’s basically a fusible web and it stands up pretty well to wear and tear. At least it has on past projects.
I found some relatively cheap black mitts at the dollar store and cut the image out of the old mitts. I followed the directions on the back of the packaging. And well…. here’s the end result! It turned out pretty well!